New Baby on the way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewser_

Reaction score
Like a proud papa I am growing my first SCOBY. I am looking for something to replace soda as I drink way to much of the stuff. Hopefully this will help me kick the habit. Had to drive about a half an hour away to find a bottle of kombucha. They didn't have any unflavored so I bought a green herbal flavor. "seemed like the most organic I guess". Hopefully the flavoring doesn't effect the growth. Left it at home while I'm away at school. I'll be able to check it tomorrow hopefully I will see some growth on what will be the 5th day.

Nice. I started growing my first SCOBY a few weeks ago that I harvested from a bottle of Budda's Brew. I think it's nearly ready for my first batch. After I realized I was spending ~$25/week on commercially-produced kombucha, I decided to just start making my own.

I didn't start seeing a whole lot of growth until after a week or so, but after that it really started growing fast.

Latest posts

Back