New American Made Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb1677

Reaction score
Are there any companies that produce ball lock kegs in the US any longer? If not do folks seek out Italian made as the next best thing?

No doubt used kegs are great, there is however little to no market for used kegs below 5gal

For that I will have to turn to the new market, and would prefer something made in the US or at least rated for food storage. I have found a US based company Sharpsville Container that "makes" kegs but it appears that most are made overseas. I am familiar with AEB who makes kegs in Italy that appear to be NSF Approved for beverage use and I have found some Chinese made units with no indication of being NSF approved.

Figured I would triple check that I was not missing another option. I would much prefer to pay a couple more dollars for a US made unit that's NSF approved over a slightly cheaper Chinese made unit.

Hi

I'm about 2 hours north of you and picked up three sub 5 gallon used US made kegs in the past three months. They are out there....

Bob

Back