New 3g Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IffyG

Reaction score
I did a search, but wasn't able to find any information pertaining to these kegs I stumbled on today. I suspect they are made in China, but I haven't found anything definitive. Has anyone had experience with these kegs?

http://cornykeg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=750171&showprevnext=1

3_gal_corny_keg.jpg

Thanks for the link. Looks like I'll be steering clear of them based on the reviews.

that long negative review sounds like the guy has no business judging quality. theres no soldering or flux used, its all welded. residue from manufacturing is absoloutely normal on budget products where the final item cost limits how much post-production cleaning the factory can do.

ive never seen the weld quality myself, but based on the fact that the guy didnt know the huge difference between welding and soldering, i doubt he would know what a sanitary weld looked like or the difference between sanitary and non-sanitary. take all reviews with a grain of salt.

at $90, thats about the price i could find a used 10+ year old 3gallon keg... if i ever need more smaller kegs, i would probably order one of these.

at $90, thats about the price i could find a used 10+ year old 3gallon keg... if i ever need more smaller kegs, i would probably order one of these.

It's only 20 bucks less than I can get a new 3 gallon keg from Rebel. I wanted to see if the quality was similar to the kegs I'm familiar with and based on all of the reviews (even discounting the one guy that is obviously an idiot), I don't believe its worth trying to save 20 bucks on something that I'm gonna have forever.

Latest posts

Back