• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Nevermind!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Originally, this was a post selling a Grainfather that didn't work, but @TBC inspired me to look into things a bit further, and as it turns out the grainfather does work, but needs a new control box. I've got a control box on order and will be reposting this as a fully functioning Grainfather later this week!

Last edited:
Hey Buddy, not sure if you were aware but there used to be a reset button underneath the unit. I’m not sure if the newer models have it. I have the original model and when mine wouldn’t heat the one time I reset it and it’s been fine ever since.

Hey Buddy, not sure if you were aware but there used to be a reset button underneath the unit. I’m not sure if the newer models have it. I have the original model and when mine wouldn’t heat the one time I reset it and it’s been fine ever since.

OK SO! You inspired me to check this out. Although the reset button wasn't the issue, I was able to test all of the electrics in the base, and everything is clean and tests perfectly. That said, it's not an electrical issue, it's an electronic issue. Unplugging the urn from the control box and plugging it directly into the wall confirms this.

I've got a brand new Grainfather Connect control unit on order for delivery later this week, and - assuming that it tests out - will re-post the (now fully working, with a brand new Grainfather Connect control box including a brand new warranty) Grainfather once the control box is received and tests out OK.

Latest posts

Back