Net access and learning new things...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
A small list...

#1... I've missed you freaks terribly. :D

#2... Maxtor hard drives SUCK.

#3... Installing a new hard drive on your own is NOT hard at all.

#4... Dell Support actually helped me on my soon to be 3 year old Desktop...

#5... Agent 99 is not off since I have been loving a LOT of Hefes lately. :drunk:

SO glad to see you guys at home again! :rockin:

Now to update everything.... :drunk:

Ize

1. Unfortunately, all hard drives fail. My last job we probably had 5,000 drives and replacing drives was an almost daily task. Didn't matter who made them.

2. But, it's a much bigger pain when you don't have mirrored drives and nightly backups!

3. That doesn't explain the dust in the fermenters.

Yooper Chick said:
Bird's right- we missed you, too, even if you called us freaks. :mug:

LOL, it's all with love... :D

and you're right David, I walk past my carboys every night and hang my head in shame. Gotta get on the stick! I am sticking with my Maxtor bias tho. That was the 2nd one in 2 years. That's ok tho, I jumped it from 80 gig to 250... :rockin:

Ize

Welcome back Ize.

In the 60's it was, "Never trust anyone over 40."
These days it's, "Never trust a hard drive over 3 years."

Think about it. Platter capacity got huge in a short timespan without re-engineering the rest of the assembly.

olllllo said:
These days it's, "Never trust a hard drive over 3 years."

Think about it. Platter capacity got huge in a short timespan without re-engineering the rest of the assembly.

Too true. I'm hoping to get some serious life out of the new one. I still need to slave the old one and try to salvage a bunch of kid pics.

I did re-learn another important lesson as well tho...

Back up, back up, back up... all the time... :eek:

Ize

Latest posts

Back