nervous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BL41R

Reaction score
When tracking to the primary, we filtered through the paint bag from home depot (sterilized)

I squeezed the bag at the end with all the hoppy juice.. not sure if my hands were entirely sanitary because I touched a towel right before to wipe up foam. Did I run my batch possibly?

Should we not squeeze next time+

You're probably fine. RDWAHAHB. And I don't squeeze my hop bag so much as give it time to drain. If I don't want to wait, I press on it a little with a spoon. You're going to lose wort to your hops no matter what, but I agree it's hard to leave it be when you know wort is in there.

When tracking to the primary, we filtered through the paint bag from home depot (sterilized)

I squeezed the bag at the end with all the hoppy juice.. not sure if my hands were entirely sanitary because I touched a towel right before to wipe up foam. Did I run my batch possibly?

Should we not squeeze next time+

There's only one way to tell and that's wait and see. Yes you could have introduced something but there's really no way of knowing and unless the towel was dirty and nasty I wouldn't get to worked up about it. On the subject of bag squeezing I wouldn't bother with it but I don't know that it hurts anything to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Probably did not contaminate your beer. The hop tea took care of any bacteria if they were there.
I pour through a bag, but I don't squeeze. At the end of the pour I lift the bottom of the bag so the remaining wort comes through the unclogged sides.

Ok great I feel better. We pitched a starter and the thing was going crazy within 20 hours.

I'd bet all the money in the world that you are fine. Can't tell you how many much larger sani slips I've had and I've yet to experience an infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back