Need some help with Bru N' Water 5.3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinSoldier

Reaction score
So I just upgraded to Bru N Water 5.3. I was able to get everything transferred from my old version successfully. I only have about 10 recipes that transferred due to losing all my old saved recipes. In the new download instructions, it says to rename all the "Roast Malt" to just "Roast". None of my recipes have roast malt as an addition due to being IPAs,lagers,blondes, etc.

The only thing im not understanding is the part that says to search for "roast malt" under the data manager tab. Im not super familiar with excel but I am familiar with how to use Bru N Water. I went under the "Home" screen in excel and then went to the "find and select" tab. I searched for Roast Malt so I could change the "Roast Malt" to just "Roast" but it didnt come up with anything. Am I doing something wrong or am I doing it right but nothing is coming up in the search because none of my recipes have roast malt in them?

Thanks for any and all help.

Help from the man himself...Thank you Martin!

Now if I can just get my pH issue being off fixed I'll be good to go. I even tried another program and still came up at a 5.48 when I was shooting for a 5.2.

Back