Need ideas for a beer/wine closet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigken462

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just getting squared away from a recent move and now have a lot more room to stretch my feet out a bit and enjoy not being cramped as much.

This house has a extra 1/2 bathroom which I do not plan to use as such. It's a 6x6 room that is close to the kitchen and family room and is in a convenient location to go grab a glass of suds. The toilet opening is under the keg and is sealed off. There is nothing else in the room now other than the sink pictured.

Obviously the first order of business is to remove the hideous bathroom wall paper and upgrade the sink to something more keg-room friendly. I'm hoping the walls will be good enough to prime and paint without too much work. I don't plan on having more than 10-20 or so bottles of wine in there, so most of the room can be for beer rack or for a glass rack.

Any ideas on how I can spruce up this room a bit to give it more of a homebrew feel? I could use some ideas on what type of shelving, wine rack, glass rack, counter/sink etc to use.

While it won't be the center piece of attention, I would like to give it more appeal than a tucked away beer closet.

i-SnkfZHh-L.jpg

i-NNfLRRC-L.jpg

Depending on how the walls are configured, an interior window could look pretty sweet. I always enjoy looking into wine and beer cellars at nice restaurants... Maybe something like that?

Back