need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerpower12

Reaction score
So I brew a 5 Gallon batch beer of a less hoppey pumpkin beer an I pitch a 2 5 gam of champagne yeast to it an didn't do nothing so I put a other one it I wait 24 hr so is it still good would it still turn out
now it is angry yeast bubbleing like crazy.

How long did you wait after your initial pitch before you pitched more yeast (just curious)? Dry yeast (or any yeast that hasn't wiped the sleepies from it's eyes) can be slow on the uptake and sometimes it will not show any visible signs of activity for a few days. I have never used champagne varieties, but You know the old saying.... Patience is a virtue (lol)! IMO it will be fine. Worst case scenario.... you probably ended up overpitching... but I would venture to say that you will end up with a good tasting Brew!

Wait like 24 hour not activity so I just pitch the yeast to the brew it smell yeast but still smell good so idk so I put it in my closet I check on it Monday somethime next week it was it was my first batch of beer

Sounds like you just had a slow starter on the initial pitch. I know how nerve racking that first brew day can be. This site has a wealth of knowledge and is a great learning tool on the road to perfecting your craft. Holler back and let me know how that first batch turned out for you! I bet it's great!

Thanks I will
Ya I did a 5 gallon batch brew
An a 2 gallon batch a cider one batch cide have liquid ale yeast just try it out but this site is so cool it help a lot

Back