Need help! Y8610U pilot kit, Diagram included

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would start by checking for voltage across PV & MVPV while you have a call for ignition. If voltage is present it could be the inlet pressure or possibly the pilot pressure.

So I got it to light, I changed the jet from 11 wc to 12 wc on the pilot light and it worked. But the problem is it's finicky and doesn't work all the time.. What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Did you adjust the gas flow to the pilot burner to get a 1 inch flame?, which with correct jet .010"(PN 390686) should be burning blue. There is a cap next to the pilot gas connection, remove that and adjust the screw beneath to change pilot flame, then replace cap when done. When adjusted correctly the flame should light within 1-2 seconds, too much gas flow/ too little and it gets to be iffy at best.

So I adjusted the pilot like it said in the instructions. Replaced the spring and backed it in 6 full rotations. Then replaced the jet on the pilot with an 11.. Didn't work so I went to a universal 12 and it would light

But it's still iffy. Should I be running a 10? I'm thinking that my gas rail is too large and takes a lot of time getting the air out?

I typically cycle my burners a couple times at initial start up to purge the gas line. My pilots will flutter a little and sometimes go out and relight until the line is completely purged. After the purge they work awesome.

I typically cycle my burners a couple times at initial start up to purge the gas line. My pilots will flutter a little and sometimes go out and relight until the line is completely purged. After the purge they work awesome.

What oriface are you running? 10, 11, 12?

Ill try 10 tonight. I had serious issues with the 11. Maybe just needed to be purged longer. is there a way to enhance the flow?

I really don't think it is your flow. There is an adjustment next two the pilot tube, but you shouldn't need it. Try the purging first. That should fix it.

Ill try 10 tonight. I had serious issues with the 11. Maybe just needed to be purged longer. is there a way to enhance the flow?

My set up has max flow.
The manifold is high pressure (tank pressure)and the low pressure regulators are attached directly to each furnace valve.
Maybe installing a manifold purge valve at the end will help.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Do you have all three burners running off of Honeywell gas valves? If the BK is on a ball valve you could run it first to purge the manifold.

I have only two burners and they are both on intermittent pilot lights. I think I'm going to add a valve or just cycle through before each batch. I just don't want to have to deal with anymore building. Lol I was trying to cycle through today and my estop kept throwing my contractor and freezing the valves. It started to piss me off, so I disconnected the contractor.

Lol I was trying to cycle through today and my estop kept throwing my contractor and freezing the valves.

It started to piss me off, so I disconnected the contractor.

Can you explain how your e-stop works as soon you are no longer pissed off.
Nothing can effect my e-stop.
Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Claudius,

Thank you so much for all your help so far. Lifesaver.

I am running a brewtroller system with an Estop module. I have the Estop module connected to a contractor. Both of my gas valves have the contractor wired on the outgoing poles of the relay. When My brewtroller senses something is wrong (cycling pilot light) it will throw the contractor freezing the gas. In theory I like this idea, but in reality im afraid its going to mess up my brew day.

One thing I noticed is my 3 way switch may be a little faulty, turning the relay
on and off to much.

Also one pilot light makes a fluttery sound that the other doesnt. Im not sure why?

Can you explain how your e-stop works as soon you are no longer pissed off.
Nothing can effect my e-stop.
Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back