Need help with portable bar setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmwils1

Reaction score
I am supposed to serve 2 kegs at an upscale party/fundraiser. I have access to a jockeybox but it isn't pretty looking. One option is to build a new jockeybox out of a stainless steel cooler. I was also thinking about cutting a hole in a 36" height adjustable folding table and installing a double tap 3" tower on the table. The beer lines would run through the table to the kegs which would be sitting in ice water tubs below the table along with a tank and regulator. A tablecloth would cover the kegs and table. Is this doable or am I asking for foam issues? I'm not sure how this would be different than using a picnic faucet in terms of temperature and pressure gradient and it would sure look nicer. Plus my out of pocket cost would only be about $40 for the table and a cheap table cloth.

I think the $40 plan seems reasonable. You'll likely be pouring frequently enough to keep the lines cool (thus avoiding "first pour" issues) and the "real" faucets would fit the scene vs picnic taps.

Cheers! (and good luck)

Check out the link in my signature. I've built 2 tap walls that used ice buckets to keep the kegs cold. As day tripper mentioned you don't have to worry about foaming from the lines warming up if you are pouring frequently enough.

I also saw on Craigslist a few months back a tap wall that hid a jockey box. It was similar to the first one I built but had a ledge behind the taps to hold the jockey box. It looked like the shanks were mounted through the wall and directly into the jockey box. If the shanks on your jockey box have enough extra length to them, then this could work for you without having to buy longer shanks.

You could build a small 3 sided wooden box to go around the jockey box and make a removable lid. Keep the back open for the keg lines. Go find a couple of pallets for free. It will have that fancy reclaimed wood look that is so popular these days.

Back