Need help with itunes issue...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteEagle1

Reaction score
Hey Guys....here is my issue....
Have a laptop at work with itunes, it has all my music on it. I use this computer to sync my ipod. Also have a seperate laptop at home with itunes, it had a little bit of music on it. I want to take all the music on my ipod and put it into my itunes on my home computer, but when I plug it in it wants to sync my ipod with the little bit of music that is on that computer, erasing everyting that is on the ipod? I just want all the songs I have on my work computer in my itunes on my home computer. Any help would be appreciated!

iTunes Match for $25 a year makes life a lot easier. then any Ios devices associated with that account have the ability to sync or not sync whatever you want. Do a search for match. There are a couple good videos that explain it.

Hey Guys....here is my issue....
Have a laptop at work with itunes, it has all my music on it. I use this computer to sync my ipod. Also have a seperate laptop at home with itunes, it had a little bit of music on it. I want to take all the music on my ipod and put it into my itunes on my home computer, but when I plug it in it wants to sync my ipod with the little bit of music that is on that computer, erasing everyting that is on the ipod? I just want all the songs I have on my work computer in my itunes on my home computer. Any help would be appreciated!

Isn't there an option in settings to set synching to manual?

Otherwise, can't you just browse the iPod like a thumbdrive without starting iTunes (may require turning an autoplay setting off) and just manually cut/paste the files to your iTunes library?

Back