need help wiring in a dc coaxial plug and panel mount jack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtockst

Reaction score
I can find plenty of info on wiring up PID's and other things, but not much info on the DC power jacks/plugs, so that's why I'm posting this. I'm building control panel that can be disconnected from the wiring, just the same as Jlandins'. Here you can see the basic schematic he posted https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-new-brew-system-brutus-10-some-nice-modifications-172927/index9.html

I need help wiring the dc panel mount jack and power plug in. As you can see on that diagram, the input on the panel mount jack is coming from both the PID and the HOA switch. My panel mount jack only has 2 pins, and I know the center pin is the + pin. I'm assuming I want my inputs (24v hot) connected to the positive, right? How do I go about soldering 2 wires to that? Does the wire connected to the negative pin go to the neutral or ground bus?

Back