Need Ginger Beer recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olayak

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to home brewing. I'm looking for an alcoholic ginger beer recipe. I do NOT mean adding ginger to beer. I mean the old fashioned alcoholic british ginger beer, like Crabbies. http://www.crabbiesgingerbeer.co.uk/about/

I have seen ginger beer recipes that don't require a homebrew kit. I'm wondering if it is easier or if there are benefits to using a homebrew kit? Should I even use a homebrew kit? Also, I am looking for something that will stay shelf-stable, without exploding! (I have limited fridge space).

This may be an unrealistic dream. But if you have an alcoholic ginger beer recipe, with or without a homebrew kit, that I can bottle and be shelf-stable, I would LOVE to hear from you!
(And the more it tastes like Crabbies, the better. We can't get Crabbies where we live and my husband is British and loves it.)

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back