Need Electrical Help for Stir Plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skarekrough

Reaction score
So I'm planning on converting a less-than-effective humidor into a dual stir-plate setup. I'd like for both fans to have their own on/off switch as well as speed control.

I'm decent at wiring, mainly the result of home projects where things got replaced and from years of hot-rodding guitars and basses. So, my information is mainly from experience and not from actual numbers.

Can anyone help me out here? Wiring an on/off is something I have done previously and certainly pentiometers I've done time and time again with guitars. But as a whole for a two stir plate setup I'm kind of stumped. How do I split the signal to go to each fan independently? Do I need to use pentiometers with different values if I'm using two?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

why wouldn't you just make two independent circuits with identical switches and pots?

Use a 12 volt and split the circuits, use a main on/off in the back and then seperate on/off for the each of the stir plates. The on/off for each plate would need to be in line with the POTS and you would have a common ground for return. Should be pretty easy to wire if you did it like that.

Back