Need chest freezer information

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersey Joe

Reaction score
I've been told that this chest freezer is from the 50s or older. I've been looking all over for information and keep coming up @ a dead end. The handle on the cover reads MARQUETTE and the body reads MAGIC-MATIC. Can anyone tell me what year this is from and what I can do with it. It is 60' long and 28' deep (height is about 36 ") all outside dimensions. BTW it still works fine.

ChestFreezer.JPG ChestFreezer01.JPG

Last edited:
Wow that sure would make a purdy keezer! If you give it a fresh coat of paint and outfit it with some nice perlicks it would look great in the living room. You might want to look into new door seals and replacing any worn dried out rubber isolation grommets on the compressor to make it run even quieter. Nice find!!

Welcome to the forum, Joe. I'm a guy who loves old stuff, but in this case, I'd probably skip converting the freezer. The internals are likely very inefficient and noisy by today's standards. Admittedly the rounded corners are cool, but that will add to the complexity of making a collar for it. I would take the neat badge off the front and put it on a new unit. Just my 2 centavos.

Back