Need Bushing to connect my M8 RTD sensor to a 1/2 Stainless Tee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianajns

Reaction score
Having a difficult time figuring out how to connect my Metric 8 RTD temp sensor into a 1/2" Stainless Tee. Please see pic. Does anyone know where I can find a stainless bushing where the center of the bushing will take my M8 RTD sensor and the outside of the bushing will screw into my 1/2 " tee?? Any help will be extremely appreciated. photo.JPG

Not finding a direct couple for this, you may need to go 1/2" pipe to male 8mm thread, then do a 8mm thread coupling. Or, if you know someone with the tools, buy a half inch ss cap and drill/tap the center with 8mm thread

It might be a long shot, but is your thread simply "metric" thread, or does a cutsheet maybe call it out as bspp Ir bspt? If its one of those it'd be easier.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went with getting the cap and a 8mm drill tap a I had already purchased the 8mm RTD. The tap was about $8 at HD. Took a good amount of force drilling through the cap and cutting the threads but in the end it worked out well.. Thanks again. photo.JPG

Back