• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need a burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vsanchez949

Reaction score
Building a stand, I'm using the burner from my turkey fryer. Anyone have an extra one or know a good place to get one, this would be for my boil. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Propane. Not sure of the pressure, it would be for my boil kettle. Thanks for the links!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Burner size is more about how fast you want your wort to come to a boil in my opinion. My Sq10 style cup burner with a 5 PSI regulator from my turkey fryer, will boil 10 gallons over the side with no problem. I don't much care how fast the water comes to a boil to be honest. Using three pounds of propane, I can boil my mash water, my sparge water and boil 8 + gallons of wort.

EDIT: Let me rephrase that, the more liquid you have, the more BTU's you will need to bring it to a boil, respectively speaking. You can get the biggest, baddest burner out there, but at some point the bigger burner just wastes gas. A given pot of liquid can only absorb a given amount of heat, in a given amount of time, no matter what. Bigger burners use more fuel even at a low setting, as their low is (possibly) a smaller burner's output wide open. Gas volume and gas pressure at some point, become inverse curves

Back