Need a beer name and label (story inside)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disney7

Reaction score
So, I'm having trouble coming up with a good name for this milk stout that I brewed a few weeks ago.

The story behind it is that I decided I would brew during the week after work. I figured I could start the strike water heating when I got home with the kids (3 year old and 10 month old), mash in when my wife got home, do kid stuff during the mash, get the boil going, then help with and eat dinner, chill while getting the kids into bed, and clean up afterward.

In reality, none of that lined up and I wound up abandoning the family while the wife did everything inside. She was VERY tolerant and good natured about it after working a 12 hour day.

So, I was thinking of something like "Tolerant Woman Milk Stout" or something along those lines.... but that doesn't sound right and I can't find any good GFX on the internet that I can photo shop up for a label.

Any good ideas out there?

I am known to name new recipes after something surrounding the brew day.

I had a black snake join me for brew day and we caught it in the only thing available, the fermenter bucket. That beer became "Snake Skin Pale Ale"

In your case I would probably go with one of these:
"Happy Family Milk Stout"
"God-love-her Milk Stout"
"*Insert wife's name*'s Milk Stout"

If your wife is going to be privy to the beer name....time to score some brownie points: "Awesome Wife Milk Stout"

Back