Nebraska hops made me do it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Gleason

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all. Nebraska native and I'm new to this home brewing. My dad and brother started growing hops 2 years ago. I help them when I can during growing season and harvest but to many miles between us makes it difficult to get to much involved. But after the second harvest this past fall I decided since I can't help them grow a lot of their hops maybe I can use them. :) So now begins my adventure in home brewing. Just started my first extract kit today. Hoping to progress into different recipes and be able to use our family hops. Looks like a great place to learn a bunch of info and look forward to learning while enjoying my beer.

Welcome in from Omaha! Glad to have another Husker on board!

planted 2nd year rhizomes in 1997 of Zeus, Chinook, Columbus and Centennial. They just planted 1st year rhizomes this past fall of a lemon drop variety. Thanks for the welcome.

Tim, just saw this post. I'm actually in oneill as well. If you ever need hops , I've got more growing in my backyard than I can use, so you're more than welcome to have some. Plus, it's nice to see other homebrewers in oneill!

Tim, just saw this post. I'm actually in oneill as well. If you ever need hops , I've got more growing in my backyard than I can use, so you're more than welcome to have some. Plus, it's nice to see other homebrewers in oneill!
"Somehow missed your post will all going on. Interested in what hops you have growing? Just upgraded my system to all electric 20 gallon system with 2- 14 gallon fermenters. Would be nice next fall to get some of yours and do a wet hop beer.

Hey @Tim Gleason and @bovine_OB, small world, I spent two years of my childhood in O'Neill before we ended up in York. Such a coincidence that there would be three of us here from such a small town - probably about 3,000 when we lived there.

Back