NE Hazy DIPA Not Carbonated After Nearly a Month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoitte

Reaction score
I bottled my NE HAZY DIPA about a month ago using Fizz Drops (I think they're called) and so far I have practically no carbonation.

Beer is roughly 9% (1.083 OG / 1.014 FG) conditioning in a cabinet with temps @ mid 60's at the lowest and high 70's during warmer days.

Used one fizz drop per 12 oz bottle, two for my bombers (haven't popped one of those yet).

This is my first hazy, and a strong one at that. I didn't use any type of filtration, nor did I cold crash. Just kept @ mid 60's while dry hopping for about 2 weeks in carboy.

Should I be worried something went wrong, or should I keep my hopes up and wait another few weeks before admitting defeat?

wait for it.... :D

Also bring one or two out into a slightly warmer environment.... 70+... to see if they
carb a little faster...

Mid 60s might be slowing things down...

Is it the ABV that is causing longer than normal carbonation time?

Is it the ABV that is causing longer than normal carbonation time?

I've found that sometimes bigger beers take longer to carbonate. I've also found that when bottle conditioning beers that were carbonated quickly (less than two weeks)... ended up being over carbonated later on... those beers that took longer to carb in the bottle (over a month) had perfect carbonation when aged... there have been a few exceptions.. but that's generally been the case for me.

Give it time and try and warm them up into the upper 70's for at least a few days... they may carb up pretty quick at those temps.

Latest posts

Back