NB Gaarden Hoe Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipi128

Reaction score
I just brewed the NB gaarden hoe witbier extract kit. It says to ferment for 1-2 weeks then secondary for 2 weeks then bottle. It's been about 10 days in primary so far. I keg and don't bottle.

Question is, do I need to secondary or can I just leave it in primary for a little longer. Or can I cold crash for a little in the primary fermenter or do the gelatin trick for clarity? Any thoughts? I dot want to secondary if I don't have to due to oxygenation and messing around with it unless I have to

No, you don't need to do a secondary. If it's at FG and there are no off-flavors that need to be cleaned up by prolonging the exposure to the yeast, then go ahead and keg it. This style should be cloudy, so I wouldn't fine it with gelatin. And if you'd rather it be more clear than cloudy, it will clear up over time on its own.

Back