NB chocolate milk stout ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamsterheadsalem

Reaction score
I just racked to secondary and added the cacao nibs . Do I leave it alone or shake it up a bit to stir the nibs once in a while?

Leave it be, if you shake it you run the risk of oxidizing it. Them you would have chocolate wet paper bag milk stout.

I just added my cacao nibs today to my NB chocolate milk stout. I have read 2 weeeks is absolute max for letting cacao sit in the beer before it gets too bitter. I'm thinking of bottling mine after 10 days. good idea?

I just brewed this recipe today, pitched the yeast about 15 minutes ago - Look forward to the end product. Keep us posted

It's in the bottle now conditioning up, I can't wait! I tasted it when I bottled and it is going to be a good beer!

I just added my cacao nibs today to my NB chocolate milk stout. I have read 2 weeeks is absolute max for letting cacao sit in the beer before it gets too bitter. I'm thinking of bottling mine after 10 days. good idea?

Mine sat for 10days in secondary, and it wasn't bubbling much anymore so I went ahead and bottled it up. I haven't heard anything about getting bitter

Back