NB Bomber Barelywine FG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrem

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I just bottled NB's 1 gallon Bomber Barelywine kit - the FG was 1.020. It tasted pretty good (for flat, warm, and green beer), but I was a bit nervous putting it into bottles. Am I in bottle bomb territory here? From what I've seen on the forum here, that seems to be in barelywine range, but I just wanted to make sure.

I fermented it between 60 and 68 the entire time (ramping up over time), using s-05 for 12 days. No airlock activity for about a week.

If it wasn't ready, do I just need to bleed off the gas (by prying a little bit of the cap off)?

Thanks all!

Check the gravity again in two days, if it's the same you're good. If not let it "burp" a couple times over a few days then check again. You are trying to find the point at which the yeast is done, a steady gravity is the only way to tell for sure.

What was your O.G.? If it was around 1.100 you're most likely pretty close. +1 on what k_mcarthur said as well.

OG was around 1.086 (or should be around there - 2 lbs of DME for 1 gal).

I think I'll play it safe and test one bottle later tonight or tomorrow. Better to have 7 in tact than 8 broken.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back