Natural Gas Quick Connect fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbillyjones

Reaction score
I'm running my burner with Natural Gas that I share with my grill. It's kind of a PITA to get out the wrenches and undo the fittings and connect them back and forth. I was thinking a Quick Connect type of fitting may be better.

I was thinking that I'd have one hose with the female quick connect on the end of it. And have the male one on the burner and grill. Like this one... http://www.mrheater.com/product.aspx?catid=357&id=105 But where do I find just another male connector?

But, now that I think about it :hs: ... it might be easier to have two hoses, and the male quick connect on the outlet at the wall and the female quick connect on the hoses. That'd work great on the grill where I wouldn't have to get on the ground and all.

But these fittings and hoses are kind of pricy. How do you guys do it? Am I just being lazy and the real answer is to do put key chain quick disconnect inside the grill and attach it to my wrench?

I use these with a 25-ft 1/2" hose to power my brewstand. I was a little shocked by the price, but after using it for a while it is well worth it. Very easy to use, and they shut themselves off when you disconnect. This came in handy when one of my kids turned on the gas valve.

http://www.restaurantequipmentsolut...gle&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=products

You could split your gas line with a tee and have a dedicated grill line and a separate connection for your burners. That's kinda what I did. I tapped into a heater line in my garage. I added a tee , a second valve, and a QD for the burners. Here's a picture. It's a little hard to see.

2013-09-24 19.06.47.jpg

Yes I think that'll work. Comes out of my wall to a 90 down elbow and then the ball valve. I remove the ball valve. Add a nipple to the 90, then the T. Add a valve to each opening of the T. Add a quick connector to one of the T openings.

Do I use the yellow teflon tape for the threads?

I don't like it when everyone tells me I'm not being safe; so don't take this the wrong way. But if you run big burners, the supply pipes need to be big enough to supply everything with gas, so your not sucking the gas out of the water heater or furnace, causing them to be under fired. Just a friendly heads up.

Back