Natty Greene's in NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
anybody tipped a pint at Natty Greene's Pub and Brewery in Greensboro, NC?

there looking for an asst. brewer.......

Haven't heard of it, but I usually only pass through Greensboro without stopping on the way to the mountains. Check it out! It's only about 15-20 minutes from a JR Cigars store in Burlington, too!

do they have an official web site? I've only found "city info" pages about Greensboro that mention Natty's.

-walker

They appear to be on kind of a 'shared' website, I suppose they're owned by a larger company:
www.bigdraft.com/ngmain.htm

Like the name, too...Nathaniel Greene led the revolutionaries in a Cornwallis butwhuppin' at nearby Guilford Courthouse which turned out to be one of the pivotal battles of the southern campaign leading to the surrender later in the year at Yorktown.

They have a pretty big reenactment there.

BeeGee said:
They appear to be on kind of a 'shared' website, I suppose they're owned by a larger company:
www.bigdraft.com/ngmain.htm

Like the name, too...Nathaniel Greene led the revolutionaries in a Cornwallis butwhuppin' at nearby Guilford Courthouse which turned out to be one of the pivotal battles of the southern campaign leading to the surrender later in the year at Yorktown.

They have a pretty big reenactment there.

thanks BeeGee, you beat me to the link. Reading posts on www.pubcrawler.com, they get good reviews onthe brew and grub too.

i thought the name was cool too. i bought that book 1776 on your recomendation BeeGee, and it's good. reading that and Kitchen Confidential at the same time.

BeeGee said:
Man, I'm like the Oprah Winfrey of HBT! :D

i know! you did recomend both those books didn't you? i dig 'em both (Kitchen better than 1776 for obvious reasons :D ).

i had even looked at going to Culinary School in Houston or Austin, but for $46,000....uh...to make > $30,000/year......no thanks......

Yeah, they were both my picks. I just finished off a trilogy (by Newt Gingrich and a historian of all people) that was an alternate history fiction of what would have happened had Lee won at Gettysburg...impressive amount of research, but I won't give the ending away in case I'm not the sole person on HBT interested! Right now I am reading more history, The River of Doubt, which is about a trip Teddy Roosevelt took to S. America after losing the election where he wound up exploring a tributary of the Amazon. The trip was a disaster with poison arrows, whitewater rapids, death of expedition members, and the near death of Roosevelt.

very interesting......may look into those when i finish these. i still have to read Ghost Soldiers and want to get The Quite American.

Ghost Soldiers has been on my periphery for a while...might be a good Father's Day present for my Dad that he would be obligated to loan me. But seriously, follow up with Natty's. Greensboro is a neat place and you're only 2-3 hours from some nice mountains, and not much farther to the beach.

Thanks Guys,

I have to check this out next time when I drive out to the mountains to go climbing. My buddies and I were looking for a brewpub on the way.

Kai

Natty's is a great place ... I live about 20 miles from there and am probably going there for dinner tonight. Neat old building in downtown Greensboro. Downtown area has really been revitalized in the last couple years and is really a hot spot. Good variety of beers, both their own and others. Great atmosphere and food. Hope this helps.
Jimi

JimiGibbs said:
Natty's is a great place ... I live about 20 miles from there and am probably going there for dinner tonight. Neat old building in downtown Greensboro. Downtown area has really been revitalized in the last couple years and is really a hot spot. Good variety of beers, both their own and others. Great atmosphere and food. Hope this helps.
Jimi

tell them a guy on the homebrew forum needs a break for a brewing job!!!!!!
have mash paddle will travel :D
ask if they've found anybody for the asst. brewers spot, please?

DeRoux,
Didn't make Natty's tonight ... Went to another local brewery instead. It was my daughters choice for her birthday.

http://www.redoakbrewery.com/

Below is a link to a local brew club (which I am not yet a member but plan to join soon) but they have a forum and these guys are local to Greensboro and probably more up on Natty's than I am.... They can probably let you know if the position is still available.

http://www.battlegroundbrewers.com/default.asp

Hope this helps ... Good Luck.
Jimi

Back