National Homebrew Day Giveaway!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Active member of local homebrew club, answered questions during big brew.

Always nice to brew with friends interested in craft beer trying to get them hooked on homebrewing.

love free stuff! I give out free home brew to strangers who show an interest in craft brewing and let them see how easy it is to do it themselves and how good it tastes!

I have gotten at least 4 people into home brewing by having them come over to see my automated rig run and showing them how easy it is to brew at home. I also have given old equipment to people to start them on their brewing quest. In the process I show them this forum so they have somewhere to look up any answers they need to questions.

This may seem a bit odd, but it seems a bit gratifying cleaning up the day after a brew day, seeing the airlock merrily bubbling away like a machine pistol. God must be smiling on us after such an auspicious day that quite often is also family related. My wife & sons pitch in here & there too. She still asks questions in a way that tells me she really is interested in what something's for, what I'm trying to accomplish, whatever. Salud' de familia & NHBD!

I've learned how to advance my brewing technics here on HomeBrewTalk by building several pieces of equipment.

photo (2).JPG

photo (4).JPG

I make 4.5 gallons of mead during bigbrew and shared a bunch of bottled mead to show people what it is and that it isn't as exotic as most people thing... :)

Since my beginning days of brewing in January of 2014, I have advanced brewing in several ways. Because I was brewing enough beer to give away to friends, they became more interested in brewing their own beers and enjoying the fruits of their own labors as well. After talking them through the process and what equipment they should look at, they set about on their way to brewing success. Having tasted some of their beers, I can easily tell that they know what they are doing now and will possibly soon surpass my own prowess. I have also placed in homebrew competitions consistently in the top 5. Things are looking good and I have finally selected the right hobby for me.

Well, I was cleaning up after NHBD just now, & saw my Cooper's Micro Brew FV sitting there, looking a bit forlorn. The original spigot had gotten some threads stripped out. But I assumed it was the threads in the mounting hole. But, having gotten a bag of new spare parts in a trade on here, I decide to give it a shot. The new spigot was all it needed to save the FV from the trashman.
It means something to me, as it was the Cooper's Micro Brew kit that got us started over 4 years ago. Plus being designed for 6 gallon batches, it has plenty of head space for aggressive 5 gallon ferments. So I hated to toss it out if it could be repaired. So try to fix things before tossing them. The money you would've spent on replacements could then go for more ingredients! :mug:

After yesterday's adventures, my buddy, who has driven 3 or 4 hours from upstate NY on 2 separate occasions to watch and learn me brew decided to pull the trigger.
We sat down this morning before he left and made a list of stuff that he absolutely needed.
I gave him am old burner and a 5 gal kettle that I use but did not need.
PAYING IT FORWARD, cuz this means that when I travel to his place in a few months, I won't have to tote along my brews, cuz he will have his own

Another excellent contribution to the cause of home brewing!

Just think of where we'd all be if you hadn't signed up for this drawing! Probably still using bread yeast and stale prehopped extract, I imagine.

I contributed once again... Somehow, I'm sure. Don't worry about it.

My first brew i put twice the amount of sugar required by error. Brew worked out great. Fear not!

My first taste of home brew was made by an older gentleman who brewed in regular white buckets with nothing but cheese cloth on the top of the bucket. No lid.

Brewed my first ever batch (IPA) two days ago and joined this forum yesterday!

attended Big brew day at great fermentations in IND. Met Martin Brungard and talked water additions. Great time!

taught a bud to brew and bottle...he bottled his first batch and then we each brewed another batch!

I brewed my second ever batch of home brew! Can't wait to try it! First batch was a success, looking to improve from there!

Introduced two of my friends into homebrewing, been doing it ever since! :)

What did I do for beer this weekend? Our local homebrew club (Woodstock malt Monkeys) participated in a local beer fest. We brewed beer and talked with people about brewing. Attached is a picture of the setup before the fest opened. I don't seem to have pictures of the festival in action. I am not in the shot. I am taking the pic.

May2_2015 KennseawCraftBeerFest.jpg

Since i have gotten back into brewing, I have expanded the beer 'horizons' of some of my fellow beer enthusiasts. I find that my own tastes have changed quite a bit, and I preach the virtues of brewing you own, and have it taste like you want it to. I setup blind taste tests between my homebrew clones and the store bought versions, and many times they pick mine over the mass produced one.

I always have about 30 different store bought varieties on hand for them to try, and I explain the difference in water, hops, malts and yeasts.

Since I started back brewing I have encouraged 2 more persons to join in on the hobby. :mug:

My teaching was yesterday. When planning my backyard Big Brew day we invited a noobie brewer.
We brewed his beer last and taught him the whole process. His equipment was brand spanking new. I forgot what all that new equipment looked like. A virgin brew bucket! :)

I've spent the last 2 years upgrading from extract to all grain and spreading the word to anyone who will listen about how much fun this hobby is. By sharing my passion for brewing I was able to turn two of my friends into homebrewers as well.

I advanced brewing by teaching a bunch of foreigners (from Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Germany (yep, Germany) and India) that you can brew beer in your home.

10441250_10205915720397289_3179231148183034_n.jpg

To advance homebrew I...
...give away much more than I drink
...introduced my Astronomy Club to my other hobby
...invite anyone who wants to come over while I'm brewing
...post numerous and annoying status update pics during my brew days to FB.

11150514_10202704549055311_3548277880894674796_n.jpg

11209591_10202742784731179_4233962387519585537_n.jpg

I have involved my little brewmaster (age 6) in my brewing opportunities and would love a shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back