National Homebrew Day Giveaway!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduced my neighbor to brewing... straight to all grain. No bad batches so far - so it seems the advice has been good. Tonight over dinner, his wife told her daughter the story of how we met... right after moving in Mike would be out pushing a mower in the stupid Texas heat - and I would bring a bomber or a glass of beer over so he could have a break. This turned into real curiosity and he came over while I was brewing and dived right in. I sent him home with growlers of pils and a pale ale. He announced walking into his house, "This is the best neighborhood ever!" 6 months later, Mike is brewing his own beer from all grain and looking for a fermentation fridge!

I'm taking a sixer of my SonRise Mosaic IPA to my nephews birthday. I really hope my BIL's neighbors decide they can brew. One less sixer out of my batches.

1) getting 1/2 dozen of my friends to homebrew
2) being capt overkill i've spun out a fair amount of kit to my friends as i needlessly upgrade!
3) get my in-laws sloshed

I taught a friend about all grain brewing last weekend. We'd brewed some extract batches together but he'd never been a part of an all grain batch. It's an IPA with magnum for bittering and Simcoe and Amarillo for flavor, aroma and dry hop. It's been bubbling away happily for 6 days now.

I got my brother-in-law into brewing. He's Canadian. They pay ridiculous beer taxes up there. We crunched the numbers, he saw how it was done, and that was all she wrote.

Edit: AND, I just found out he's having a baby today! So I'm a beer brewing uncle!

canadian-trap.jpg

In my group of friends I'm the only one to have dove into brewing beer. I'm still pretty new here so my impact on the boards may be minute, but my friends and family know without a doubt that I'm "the beer guy." I love it when someone asks me how beer is made. I'm a really quiet introvert, but in a situation where I can talk about beer I explode like mad krausen and it's hard for me to shut up.

During a break in my IBD class I taught my classmates how to perform a sour wort for a Berliner Weisse. I've also managed to bring a couple Bud drinking friends to the craft side of beer. Homebrewing has shown me fun opportunities and skills as well as the chance to meet friends new and old. I'll always keep an open mind for the next great beer and a full pint ready for those who love great beer. Cheers!

I work at a homebrew shop. We're hosting our third annual Big Brew Day event today. We invite home brewers to bring their equipment, a canned good and a $15 donation to the local food bank, and then we supply the ingredients to brew a five gallon batch of a one of the recipies suggested by the AHA for National Homebrew Day. This year, it's the Kölsh.

I also brew at the shop regularly, and invite people to come in and learn.

Well, talk about working together. Wife is making coffee & cleaning the kitchen so I can brew first! She's then gonna make two pans of lasagna later after I'm done. Seems like everytime we both get in the kitchen, magic happens! She'll be helping me here & there during my brew day, when I need an extra hand. Since I taught her to brew, she knows wassup. That's the cool part. We both cook & brew...chop & brew?!:rockin:

I'm your quintessential beer nerd. I will talk beer and brewing non-stop with anyone that listens. After I built my fermentation chamber (with instructs found in HBT of course) I've helped my two brewing friends build theirs, and we all make better beer because of that.

Yeah, I find myself doing that when someone asks a beer-related question. Especially home brewing...fagetaboutit...:mug:

Dammit, forgot to pick up the spring water when we shopped yesterday & got the yeast. Gotta make a water run this morning. Gotta get guts to settle down first though...:drunk:

My nephew works at a local lawn and garden supply store. He told me that they were going to start carrying beer brewing supplies. Turns out they are Mr. Beer kits, but lots of us started as Mr Beer brewers. I told him once the kits arrive I would come down and give him the dime tour on how to use them and important parts of brewing that get missed in the simplistic Mr Beer instructions.

I consider Mr Beer a gateway drug. Once you use it, it gets you hooked on brewing better and better beers. :mug:

I have started teaching at learn to brew events. It's an amazing experience to see potential brewers become interested in the addiction!

I wouldn't say that I've advanced brewing or anything. Today I dry-hopped my hoppy wheat beer and I tapped a stout I made. Here's a picture of it. You can see some hop bines creeping in on the left side.
dragonstoutcompressed-65539.jpg

I enjoy sharing my home brew with my BMC swilling co-workers. I'm slowly bringing them around. Also, I'm still working on my basement brewery. Nothing extraordinary, but it'll be nice to disappear into the basement and brew a batch. Thanks HBT for helping me get back to brewing after a several year hiatus. This a great resource for everything Home Brew related.

I have gone from doing mr beer kits to AG. I have my own hop Garden with 8 varieties growing in their third year. I learned to wash my yeast. Doing everything to minimize my cost and increase my enjoyment of brewing. Always reading and learning new things to improve thanks to this forum and practice my knowledge has increased!

Made a watermelon ale to get my wife more accepting of this hobby

I bought a home last year and planted 2varieties of hops. When it was time to harvest, I decided I would buy some gear and brew with my homegrown hops. I went all-grain right from the jump and shot for an Imperial IPA. Well, I'm about 10 batches deep at this point and there is no turning back!
It also helps that my oldest brother is an award winning home brewer. If I didn't have him to lean on, I would've been a bit apprehensive about starting.

I only started last August, so this is my first National Hombrew day! It sucks that I'm busy pretty much all day, but most of that is getting ready for a friend's birthday party, including ample amounts of homemade beer and applewine, both based off of recipies that kind people have shared on this site. As for progressing, I went from doing just extract batches to doing a partial mash, to going all grain, to making my own recipies (I'll be making a rye saison on Monday: my own recipie!)

Well, it looks like I'll be doing my biggest partial mash ever today! 8.6lbs of grain & I hope the 5G kettle can fit it with 2.7 gallons of spring water?! And since the best-laid plans of mice & Men often go astray, I'm no exception today. Ran a little short on carared, so I compensated with more gold LME & special roast to get the color back, etc. It just goes to show you're never to old to learn in this hobby. Here's a couple pics, but I gotta work on those close-up flash shots still.

I started brewing about a year ago, this is a Vienna style lager (Labor of love recipe from here), about to be bottled today. Can't wait to taste it.
Couple of hops rhizomes are going into the ground today as well. Happy National Homebrew Day everyone!

Vienna lagering.jpg

Teaching a friend how to brew for his wedding and volunteer at the LHBS.

Today i managed to get another victim/enthusiast.

A czech frend of mine came by and noticed the fermenter and started asking questions, pretty soon he was planning his own start-up set :D

He'll be joining me next brew-day to learn a bit of the ropes already.

Inviting friends and family over for brew days to show them how interesting and easy brewing is so they can start on their own!

I brewed and helped someone who was a newcomer to the big brews find his way through the brewery. The end.

I advance homebrewing by researching how ciders were brewed in the middle ages and attempting to re-create those techniques. I document my re-creations and teach other medieval reinactors, as well as sharing the fruits of my labors!
I'm currently looking at gruit recipes that would have been used in ciders, as well as aging ciders in used wine barrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back