Nano brewery section ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
I know this is primarily a home brewers forum but I see sections for all sort of related and non related things.
As a home brewer thats going pro (well if you can call a 3bbl brewpub pro) I have found that there isnt very much activity at all on the probrewer forum and much of what is there is shared by brewers I would not consider in the nano category. This forum is much more active with participation.
Has anyone thought about making a category for those who are making the jump to retail with a nano so we can help each other out as we transition from homebrewing?
I noticed more than a couple names from here on the other site but like I said the responses are kinda scarce there it seems, I dont know if its because they look at the nanos as unwanted competition or they are all just too busy with their own business.
I may be off base here, just throwing it out there.

Agreed I would like to see this as well. We are going 7bbl and still value the opinions of fellow home brewers. I believe there is much overlap between small breweries and home brewers.

Still hoping for this... Just venting a bit but the Pro brewer forum seems to be heavily censored and honest discussions about products are removed if a sponsor doesnt like whats been revealed or shared.. I posted in a thread someone started about the stout 3bbl false bottoms allowing a lot grain through. Mine also doesnt sit flat and I was mentioning that id like to find a silicone seal for the edge of it to help and I had seen another thread about this problem I also shared that I bought my stout kettles direct from the manufacturer so I would deal with them if I have issues like the others rather than expect stout to correct it and the thread was removed? The forum section sponsor is the company that makes stouts stuff and also sells direct so it was either sungood or stout that had the thread removed but either way how is that fair? What good is discussion of equipment if only glowing reviews are allowed that make the sponsors look good and dont reveal what needs to be considered or addressed? They just removed the whole thread.

I go to ProBrewer, more often than not, disappointed. @augiedoggy - I'm sure Stout's $$ allow them to have control over negative posts/comments. Doesn't make it right and really makes them look bad. Address consumers concerns professionally, make it right, learn and move on.

Back