Names for wedding beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johntmarx

Reaction score
My wife and I just finished bottling about two hundred beers - 100 oatmeal stouts (her favorite) and 100 winter brown ales. We plan to give them away as favors at our wedding (well really more of a one year late reception...) and are trying to think up some names to put on the labels. You know, wedding related names... We are probably leaning more towards the funny names, but any suggestions from the interwebs well help! Any ideas?

I made a couple of beers for a friends wedding (as a gift to the bride and groom). I named them Groom's Brew (maibock) and Bride Ale (wit). I'll try to think of some names for yours!

Just brewed for my cousins wedding they put "something borrowed something brewed" with a picture of them. It was also their parting gift the labels were pretty cool!

For Richer or for Porter
Hoppily Ever After
Nice Day for a Wit Wedding

I brewed up beer for my wedding earlier this year. named them...

Something Borrowed & Something Brewed
Hoppily Ever After
Ball n Chain Pale Ale
Ale's Fair in Love & Marriage
Pop The Cork(Chardonnay oak aged IPA)
Sweet Emotions(Sweet Stout)

My wife and I just finished bottling about two hundred beers - 100 oatmeal stouts (her favorite) and 100 winter brown ales. We plan to give them away as favors at our wedding (well really more of a one year late reception...) and are trying to think up some names to put on the labels. You know, wedding related names... We are probably leaning more towards the funny names, but any suggestions from the interwebs well help! Any ideas?

I did the same for my daughter's wedding 2 years ago. My names were not very original but they worked. Did an oktoberfest named WEDDINGFEST and a cream ale named WEDDING CREAM. Printed own labels used my daughters own invitation calligraphy as background and script. Coolest was the bottles used. Wanted 7oz splits but couldn't afford $1 each new. With research found out I could use twist tops (Bud and Coors lite, :eek:) if capped with press capper. There were no broken or unsealed bottles. The whole thing was a big hit. Good luck and have fun!

Oh yea, I had to damn near break some legs in order to get a couple for my self to save. Two of her college friends decided to collect all unclaimed favors to take home

Slide1.jpg

IMG_1369 (700x421).jpg

Thanks for the responses! She really likes "something borrowed, something brewed" and "hoppily every after". Neither beer is particularly hoppy though, so I may have to get on with another batch... Of course, depending on how the oatmeal stout turns out, I may be able to pass it off as "for richer or for porter"

Jstraight: Did not know that about the screw top bottles, thanks for the heads up!

Dpatrickv: wow you were busy! Did you keg all of that?

Thanks for the responses! She really likes "something borrowed, something brewed" and "hoppily every after". Neither beer is particularly hoppy though, so I may have to get on with another batch... Of course, depending on how the oatmeal stout turns out, I may be able to pass it off as "for richer or for porter"

Jstraight: Did not know that about the screw top bottles, thanks for the heads up!

Dpatrickv: wow you were busy! Did you keg all of that?

I had actually made two more but the names werent incredibly original(Tread Carefully was a chardonnay oak aged BGS, and then I made a strawberry blonde).

I did not keg, it was all bottled. I brewed them all up over the course of a couple months prior to the wedding. Bottling that much meant I had to do a lot more drinking and delabeling! Haha

Back