Name My Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnobg

Reaction score
Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Porter about to hit the secondary to age on oak. It is around this time I usually start designing my labels, except I'm having a little bit of writer's block.

Looking for a catchy name to put on it. I love aviation and thought Barrel Rolling cool was original....until I did a bourbon barrel search on google :(

Only rule is I don't want a commercial brew with the same name. Winner wins a couple bottles shipped to you! :mug:

Pitchback Porter (as in the fighter jet manuever)
or Pitch black pitchback porter :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Bourbon Barnstormer Porter, or just Barnstormer Porter. A Barnstormer seems like pilot that might have had a few before he flew!

nothing to do with aviation or a bourbon barrel porter, but I keep a list of random beer names I might use:

Bastard spawn
Bakers dozen
Brixomytosis
Trinocular
Treefingers
Placebo effect
Goose loves Maverick (maybe Gose?)
Some kind of verb
Twelveses
growing pains
tragedy + time

How about naming it after Marine Corp flying squadrons:
Whistling Death Porter
Hell Diver's Porter
Grey Ghost's Porter

These are all great thanks!

This one really gives me some creative ideas though:

Paratrooper Porter

I can incorporate this into a great label. I'm envisioning a parachute attached to an oak barrel falling out of the night sky to a battle scene. :rockin:

Bad Attitude Bourdon Barrel Porter. Attitude as in the aviation definition. (Saw a cool Tshirt once)

Lomcovák Bourdon Barrel Porter - Youtube search Lomcovak if you don't know what it is. Very cool aerobatic maneuver. It means "headache" in Chez. Could be appropriate on a couple of levels. :)

Boom and Zoom Bourbon Barrel Porter - Air combat technique.

B-52 Bourbon Barrel Porter - Maybe save for an Imperial Porter ;)

Locked On! Bourbon Barrel Porter - missiles away!

These are all great thanks!

This one really gives me some creative ideas though:

I can incorporate this into a great label. I'm envisioning a parachute attached to an oak barrel falling out of the night sky to a battle scene. :rockin:

sounds like you made ur decision and an awesome one, but I'm still going haha

Bourbon Bomber Porter

While it is a WIP and the text is there just for place holding (disregard text) I've got the general idea going....I think I will lighten up the background a little, I was kind of going for a night time scene to compliment a dark beer.

There's a bunch of others I really liked in here too so I'm gonna save them for later, thanks everyone!

While it is a WIP and the text is there just for place holding (disregard text) I've got the general idea going....I think I will lighten up the background a little, I was kind of going for a night time scene to compliment a dark beer.

There's a bunch of others I really liked in here too so I'm gonna save them for later, thanks everyone!

That's awesome! I wouldn't lighten up the background, or at least not much. I would, however, darken the bourbon barrels to match the rest of the picture. Looking great.

Wake Turbulence
Coffin Corner
Checklist
Grass Strip
Smudge Pot
Beacon
P-factor
Ground Effect
Whiskey Compass
Airway
Windsock
Tailwind
Airmet
CAVU
V1

Here is how the final label came out. Thanks for all of the suggestions I'm actually going to hang on to some of them that I liked for future use!

To the chosen one, want me to send a bottle after aging? The sample from secondary tasted amazing!

Back