Mystery Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stlmo

Reaction score
I came into about two gallons of while hops and have no idea what type they may be or any of their numbers. Anyone have any suggestions for a recipe for said hops?

Thanks in advance.

stlmo said:
I came into about two gallons of while hops and have no idea what type they may be or any of their numbers. Anyone have any suggestions for a recipe for said hops?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry that's WHILE hops.

I have no suggestions but just wanted to post that I sympathize with your autocorrect fail, and then the correction of the autocorrect fail-fail. This happens to me all the time.

Good luck with mystery hops. I think you'll find something most excellent.

kingwood-kid said:
http://www.bertusbrewery.com/2013/03/dry-hopped-bud-light.html

Try this with 1/2oz or so. If you can't bring yourself to buy Bud Light, he said SNPA worked better anyway. Then you'll have an idea of what to with the rest. If you can get a vague idea of the profile, a 1.050ish pale would probably be a good beer to try it out in, given proper yeast selection.

That sounds like a good idea before wasting a brew day for a possibly poor result.

Thanks and cheers!

And it provides an excuse to get a case of Bud Lite!

Homebrewer, small voice: Gimme a case of Lite

BMC drinker: WHAT! After the way you have been all over me?

HBR: It's actually for a hops experiment.

BMC man: Yeah, like, why not say it's for a friend. Poser!

Latest posts

Back