mypin TA4 programing help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rally

Reaction score
So I just built a ta4 pid controller to power a fermwrap heater. So I can ferment in my basement. I did the eazy things like change to F° and what thermo prob I'm using. I'm looking for optimal values for P,I, and D to get the best base line for the temp I type in. Anyone out there want to share what they have it set at and why? I have found the optimal settings for one build but its for a 1000w heating element.Thanks
http://qandabe.com/2011/revised-sous-vide-pid-calibration/

Bueller... bueller....
Nothing?
Thanks for looking

change the "I" setting to 1 and it should work fine... thats what I have done with all of mine anyway... it will stop the overshooting and the system will adapt quickly to varying batch sizes and gravities at different temps... I left the "p" and "d" at default.

Thanks for your reply! I did set up the I to 1. But keep trying different P values tried 1999 that didn't work so at 1000 right now. What is the defalt setting for P thanks and really simply what does P do?

I did a test run and auto toon did not work as well as changing the p I d. For me... Seems to work for lots of other people though...

Back