MYPIN TA4 'LLLL' error

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelrapp

Reaction score
Has anyone come across this error?
thumb1_20131031_075353-61276.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I am using a 3 wire RTD thermocouple and have the PID set to Pt. The other PID is set to the same settings and it is reading just fine.

Also as it has been well documented all over the internet the instructions that come with this SUCK. Does anyone have a copy of the instructions translated into everyday English?

I have several manuals for them that I've gathered from the internet. None of them are particularly good.

One of them says:

Display Malfunction: “UUUU”: The input signal exeed
the measured HI range . “LLLL” : The input signal exeed
the measured LO range , or input signal terminal connection
is contrary.

So it would appear that your RTD is giving it a signal that is too low to be valid. I would guess that you have a loose/broken wire from the RTD, the RTD is dead, or the Mypin TA4 has a problem, in that order. You could also have the RTD wired up incorrectly, but I assumed it was working prior to this.

- Dave

I'll also throw in that you need a jumper wire from terminal 7 to 10 in addition to having the RTD's red wires go to terminals 8 and 9 and the white wire goes to terminal 7.

I have several manuals for them that I've gathered from the internet. None of them are particularly good.

One of them says:

Display Malfunction: “UUUU”: The input signal exeed
the measured HI range . “LLLL” : The input signal exeed
the measured LO range , or input signal terminal connection
is contrary.

So it would appear that your RTD is giving it a signal that is too low to be valid. I would guess that you have a loose/broken wire from the RTD, the RTD is dead, or the Mypin TA4 has a problem, in that order. You could also have the RTD wired up incorrectly, but I assumed it was working prior to this.

- Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll check again on the wiring when I get home. I did like Kal and wired them to XLR connections so it is quite possible that I got one backward. I do have the jumper installed.

Has anyone come across this error?
thumb1_20131031_075353-61276.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I am using a 3 wire RTD thermocouple and have the PID set to Pt. The other PID is set to the same settings and it is reading just fine.

Also as it has been well documented all over the internet the instructions that come with this SUCK. Does anyone have a copy of the instructions translated into everyday English?

I found these basic programming instructions on-line.
http://goo.gl/DsAszz

So turns out that I just had 2 wires crossed. After doing a continuity check and swapping 2 wires it worked like a charm. So far I'm happy with this PID but boy is it difficult to really find much in terms of useful easy to read instructions.

So turns out that I just had 2 wires crossed. After doing a continuity check and swapping 2 wires it worked like a charm. So far I'm happy with this PID but boy is it difficult to really find much in terms of useful easy to read instructions.

It's that way with all Chinese PID manuals - a lot of our syntax gets lost in translation.

Bumping an old thread as I'm in the same situation. Which wires did you have crossed? I spent some time going over the settings and wiring last night and from what I could see the wires were all connected properly. But by that time it was late, I was tired, and homebrews were flowing...

Unless there is some mixed up wires between the XLR connectors and the PID I have the red wires to 8 & 9, white to 7 with a jumper to 10.

The temp probes do work, I tested them with a temp display unit for my chiller (not a PID).

You don't need a jumper between 7 and 10 since it for 4-wire thermoprobe.
Did you set your PID for PT-100 input?

I was going to say the same thing... removed the jumps from mine... not needed.

I agree the documentation sucks But I didnt have issues figuring them out...
I did find I had to set my "i" to 1 so the pid wouldnt overshoot on temps.

Embarrased to say I made a mistake wiring the probes :eek: I used the diagram for the TA7 instead of the TA4, had the whites to 7 & 8, and red to 9 with a jumper to 10. I did put in the jumper from 7 to 10, should it be removed? Otherwise it does appear to be working!

Plan for tonight is to run the autotune on my RIMS system and work on installing the heating element in HLT. I was putting off drilling a huge hole in the pot until the control panel was working.

Embarrased to say I made a mistake wiring the probes :eek: I used the diagram for the TA7 instead of the TA4, had the whites to 7 & 8, and red to 9 with a jumper to 10. I did put in the jumper from 7 to 10, should it be removed? Otherwise it does appear to be working!

Plan for tonight is to run the autotune on my RIMS system and work on installing the heating element in HLT. I was putting off drilling a huge hole in the pot until the control panel was working.

It doesnt matter as far as I know...I had the jumper on one of my pid and no jumper on the other two... I actually had a ta7 as well as a TD4... it was really confusing because the diagram in the instructions was wrong.

Back