My vintage kegerator build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaddyb

Reaction score
I just picked this up last night, its a 50s era hotpoint fridge. I think it was once an apartment fridge, its 24" x24" x 55". I paid $40 for it, and have yet to confirm it actually works. The owner got it out of his cabin and said it does. Even if it doesnt i may have it repaired because i like the small size of it. This will be my second kegerator, I wanted one for out in my shop. I customize a lot of old cars so i though it would be cool to get a old fridge to paint up with kind of a hot rod theme to it. I will tear it apart as much as i can withlut disturbing the cooling lines, and repaint as much as possible. I will update with pics as I move along.

5I45E15J83L23F93Ndc6e8e3d3af2573c1c75.jpg

I just got a similar one for free. A 1950 model made by international harvester. It should hold 4 cornies and my 5 lb co2 bottle. I'm going to paint it red and find some old school farmall decals for it. The only problem I have. Is that my taps are going to be on the other side of the wall right behind the fridge so I have to drill a hole. Does anyone know an easy way to avoid the cooling lines in these old fridges?

Small little update, I plugged it in and it fired right up, its now been cooling for about a day, and all seems well, so on with the build. Krenshaw it will hold two ball lock kegs, and a co2 bottle, wih maybe some room for a six pack. It should be perfect for the garage.

I picked these up at a car show today. I plan on using them as tap handles. They are some kind of emblem off a Lincoln. I'm not sure what year or model though, I've never seen em before. The Lincoln fits well because I always drive a Lincoln, and have customized many of them.

20120624_132111.jpg

Latest posts

Back