My power just went off while brewing....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrawn

Reaction score
Couldn't think of worse timing. Guess I need to get me a propane burner....

Instead of a propane burner, you can always put that money towards paying your electric bill...

;)

The power for my whole neighborhood not just my lack of initiative for paying bills! Thankfully I wasn't able to respond here because it came back on within 30 minutes and I was waaay busy. It happened right after my sparge and I was ready to boil. All is well. Massive brew day

5 gallons american amber
5 gallons american hef
5 gallons christmas apple ale

Thanks for the concern!

Sorry to hijack this thread even further, but the side burner of my BBQ while wimpy (it is quiet), is too powerful to heat our steam canning pot. Even on its lowest setting, which barely looks like a simmer, it causes pressure in the pot to go above the level that the pressure relief valve can handle.

I've boiled 2G batches on the burner with the simmer setting too, in winter.

YMMV!

If I was depending on an electric stovetop to brew with though, I think I would go with the "build a fire" route. The more primitive the better , at least while brewing :)

You still home? Hit the store, man! If you can't get the turkey cooker, a 2 burner camp stove works, depending on pot size.

Latest posts

Back