My next batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbruce

Reaction score
Hey all! What should I make next??
I am limited to 5 gal extract batches still ( lack of AG equipment) my latest batch is an Orange coriander saison, the batch before that was a Bourbon oaked IRA ( inspired by southern tiers oaked unearthly ;-) and before that was a blackberry wheat Mmmm ..

Just thinking ahead, any suggestions?

What do you like to drink? This time of year many people like to drink saison, hefeweizen, kolsch, blondes, and other lighter beers.

Since it seems like you've recently brewed fairly complex/flavored beers with fruit/oak/spices, I'd suggest going for something a lot simpler. A single hop IPA can be delicious and educational, and IMO an IPA is a good style to drink any time of year.

I am a very easy to please lol.
Not a fan of Kölsch though. Something light definitely sounds good. I did a cascade pale not to long ago. I'm a huge fan of browns, Belgians, Irish reds, and I do love me an ipa ;) if your ever in the Oregon area you should try Bone Yard Brewing's "Hop Venom" it will knock your socks off its soo good lol

Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde is a favorite (there's an entire thread devoted to how much of it has been brewed). He has an extract version of it a few posts into the thread. Biermuncher's SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde is also an easy brew and also a good warm weather beer. The extract version is on the second page of the thread. He also has an Sterling-hopped blonde ale that gets good reviews.

There are other good extract warm weather beer recipes (check recipes by Biermuncher, Ed Wort, and Yooper, in particular) that are all pretty well vetted and liked.

Oh! I was looking at that blonde ale and I tell you what...a rye beer sounds delicious, I haven't made a rye beer before. I am still limited to extract batches though. Good suggestions :)

Back