My new ss conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReaperOnefour

Reaction score
Hello all. So I just got the ss brewtech 3.5 gal brew bucket. I am super excited about it, & can't wait to try it out for the first time. Unfortunately I am unable to brew this weekend. So I'm going to have to wait until next Saturday to brew up a batch. This is my first time ever using a ss fermenter. I've used a conical before, but it was a plastic one. I was just wondering if anyone can give me a few tips, or maybe some advice as how to maintain it, cleaning, or any other tips. One question I have is what size tubing should I use for transferring the beer to my bottling bucket? It has a 3/8 Barb, but the 3/8 ID tubing that I have is a tiny bit loose. I don't know if it's because my tubing is to old. Or should I just buy some new tubing?

I have the 7 gallon brew bucket and I use silicon tubing to transfer, works well for me. I typically wipe out the krausen ring with some wet paper towels then throw on the keg washer with pbw, comes out sparkling every time. If you do not have a washer then fill with pbw. Alternatively I'm sure you could use a blue sponge (not the green one, too harsh) to scrub it out. Soak the small bits in a little pbw then rinse and starsan.

Back