My new lagering fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billvon

Reaction score
Wanted something that would fit in the fridge, so I made a 3gal fermentor out of a refrigerator water bottle, some tubing and a yeast vial. Seems to work pretty well and fits in the fridge. Limits me to a half batch though.

2010-04-08 22.16.27.jpg

Looking good. I recently encountered the lager issue and your solution is much better than mine. I must steal it now! :mug:

Great idea! Where did you get your water bottle? That seems to be of better quality than the ones I've seen.

what do you do? wait till primary fermentation is done and then put in fridge? do you use this the entire time , or transfer to this one?

what do you do? wait till primary fermentation is done and then put in fridge? do you use this the entire time , or transfer to this one?

I started at room temp in a regular fermentor, waited 48hrs then transferred. So I got the lagering but not the lower temp fermentation.

Love it! Thanks for sharing, I think I am going to try one (or two) as well!

Do you know the dimensions of the bottle by chance?

It seems that this would be possible with the 2 1/2 gal water bottles as well,
as a matter of fact the Premiere Malt Extract thread has a post of something similar.
HDPE might be better plastic as well.

Back