My new gimmick toy from the SWMBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
While I might be mildly annoyed with the SWMBO going out and spending $$$ today, I do have to give her some cool points for finding a cool gimmicky glass for me to use once or twice then put on display.

IMG_5556.JPG

Here is a shot of it with my bitter arse IPA

IMG_5558.JPG

Deelish

I got one of those from my mom. Looks pretty cool, the double wall makes it nice to keep your hand warm, but yeah, used it once, will probably sit on the shelf now.

I would use it. Cool looking glass. I showed my wife and she kept turning her head to the side...that is worth the price of admission any day.

Is that her way to say sorry for the laundry? :)

Cool glass... my wife has stopped buying me new and weird glasses for I can consume alcohol in.... I pick them up like hobbies and use them for a few weeks and just put them on the bar for decoration... I'm running out of room now :)

It's some plastic material. Feels cheap to me.

No, its made from glass. :)

Not cheap plastico. I was initially concerned about this at first, but now my main concern is not dropping it ;)

Not cheap plastico. I was initially concerned about this at first, but now my main concern is not dropping it ;)

Exactly. I used mine a whole once before sticking it on a shelf. I'm too ham fisted while drinking to be handling lightweight glass like this...

FYI, it looks awesome with a dry stout on beer gas... ;)

It's kind of cool, and it holds beer. Use it! (at least when SWMBO is around)

Ah, I stand corrected-partially. Its Borosilicate glass which is why it is so thin and feels weird and plasticy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borosilicate_glass
http://shop.neatorama.com/product-info.php?hopside-down-beer-bottle-glass-pid508.html

So I can safely use this glass to cook my crack rock in as well?!!
This glass rocks! LOL

Ive been using it all night as it was a fight night, and an excuse to drink more than just 1 beer. I like the glass, but it definitely does look cooler when its full cause you can see the definition much better.

Seen these. Good to know they're glass. Wouldn't mind having 1 in the collection. On the bright side, you can put off murdering swmbo for another day or 2 :D

I felt the same way when I got my boot. Just put it somewhere that little hands/paws/in-laws can't get to it and you'll be fine.

(*luckily I don't have any of those to worry about right now......ahhh bachelorhood...*)

I have some double walled glasses that are similar (without the gimmick shape). They do a great job of keeping beer at an almost constant temperature. I've broken two - the glass is VERY thin.

Latest posts

Back