My materials to chill my wort.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lozootmaniac

Reaction score
I have 30 ft of 1/2" OD copper tubing and some access to fittings for 1/2 copper.

I have a plastic cooler 1' X 2' and it has a split lid, or the lid has two parts, with a drain

An inline condenser with hose cooling water inlet/outlet, and 1/2 nominal chilled beer inlet/outlet, all copper but the water pipe solder (95/5 tin/copper)

And a co2 tank (empty)

I want to make this without buying much else, anything you guys think ill need or want please let me know. I plan on cleaning the chiller between brews with acetic acid, its vinegar but 50% acidity instead of the store bought 5%.

The reason I mentioned the empty tank is that I can pull a vacuum on the empty tank and make the boiled wort travel to another 'thing' that collects it, without aeration. I want the 'thing' to be my fermenter, but ATM I want to make my first beer in a 5 gallon bucket.

EDIT: I added a pic of the inline condenser to give you guys an idea of what it is.

image.jpg

Heres what i want to do exactly, i want my wort to cool in a chiller made from the cooler with a coil of copper tubing for the coil. I need an idea for putting the boiling wort into the coil.

After that i want to put my fermenter that i dont have yet, i need suggestions for a fermenter. I want to make some beer by bucket first but want to spend 30 - 50 dollars on a better fermenter thats more reliable and easier to clean.

Can i use copper tubing to siphon the fermenter?

Back