My Keezer Build....Hopefully it inspires a few!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesignatedDrinker

Reaction score
Hopefully this build inspires some ideas, I got a few from others on this forum as well as came up with my own. This build allows 6 kegs to fit, all though I only have 4 taps at the moment, maybe more in the future?

First I bought a 8.8Cu Ft. Freezer from Sears on sale, with a giftcard, and with a discount for it being Veterans Day and All, The 8.8 allows for 4 Kegs on bottom and 2 kegs on the compressor shelf. Paid about $80 out of pocket. Took the lid off and started with some planks of 10" wide and 8" wide Pine and built a collar. This allowed a 2" over hang around the side of the keezer. and gave me and extra 8" of height to fit 2 more kegs on the compressor shelf if I ever want to.

17-65752.jpg

Next I measured and Cut my tap holes and stained it with a coat of Rust-Oleum "American Walnut" and threw a few coats of Polyurethane on it.

16-65753.jpg

14-65754.jpg

Next I threw the collar on, threw the taps in, Caulked the corners and under side corners on the outside. Also Put a 1/4" Flare Shank in for a CO2 Line, I didn't want a tank and gear taking up all that space. Used Foam padding for insulation and taped it around the side with HVAC Metal Tape. Bolted the lid on aswell.

10-65755.jpg

11-65756.jpg

12-65757.jpg

6-65758.jpg

7-65759.jpg

Next I used a drimmel to cut a slot for my STC-1000, and put a bead of silicone around it. Used a black extension cord I cut up for the wiring. Insulated and taped the temp probe to the side of a carboy filled with starsan mixture. This will mimic the temp of the kegs better since its a comparable mass.

18-65760.jpg

20-65761.jpg

13-65762.jpg

2-65763.jpg

Next I took a 20" piece of 8" Pine and stain and sealed it to match. Painted some brackets and screws and mounted it to the collar. Used some screw to hang the dual 10" drip trays. They remove very easy for cleaning.

4-65765.jpg

And here it is all done! Fully usable one tap at the moment until I buy a 4-way regulator to mount on the inside to control each kegs pressure.

31-65766.jpg

1-65764.jpg

looks good, i like how you put the temp controller in the lid, super nice.

can you tell me more on the co2 line connection thru the wood? i would like to do that. thanks!

looks good, i like how you put the temp controller in the lid, super nice.

can you tell me more on the co2 line connection thru the wood? i would like to do that. thanks!

Yep, i used a 4" long 1/4" flare shank. I got it at chicompany.net, they sell tons of small misc draft fittings. Then just used 1/4" flare x 5/16" barbed hose fittings and both sides.

Back