My "K3" 14.8cf Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice!!! May I ask where you sourced your flowmeters?

Thanks! As for the meters, back in the summer of 2014 when the original RaspberryPints was about to jump to version 2.0.1 with flow meter support actualized, serendipitously there was someone on eBay selling roughly 150 "slightly used" SF800 meters - for $20 each. I bought a bunch and the rest got snapped up by HBT members within a couple of weeks. Just stupid luck. I've never seen anything like it since...

Cheers!

Wow, great build!! My ferm chamber just died. Which means I have no choice but to decomission my 7 cuft keezer, and upscale to 6 keg and 6 taps!!! (Use the old keezer as ferm chamber, strip the taps. Quick question, do you remember the size you used for K2? That might fit my space better....though that 14.8 does seem tempting, and width fits my space with 3” to spare.

K2 was a 12.8cf sold as "13". I was able to cram 7 ball lock kegs on the floor without a collar, plus a 2.5 g on the hump for the rinser supply...

Cheers!

Amazing job. Is that all for you? Do you have a big beer drinking family or have guests often? I can barely get thru my 2 5gal cornies in a month or 3.

Looks perfect.

Thank you :mug:

So...in the "Before Times"...between sons, friends and neighbors I could count on a keg kicking every week to week-and-a-half through most of the year, and for a number of years I was hitting the Federal limit for two to keep up. But everything slowed waaay down with the pandemic - we literally have not had a single soul outside of my kids/DILs/grands over the house since March 6, 2020, and even those visits were cut maybe in half due to freak-outs and the like (fwiw, across the entire extended family, so far only my youngest grandson - the one in day care - ever tested positive, and he flew right through it like it was barely even a cold).

That said, I took it upon myself to make up for the slow down as much as possible and still managed to knock out 140 gallons in 2020 :rock:

Cheers! (It's a tough job but someone had to do it :D)

Thank you :mug:

So...in the "Before Times"...between sons, friends and neighbors I could count on a keg kicking every week to week-and-a-half through most of the year, and for a number of years I was hitting the Federal limit for two to keep up. But everything slowed waaay down with the pandemic - we literally have not had a single soul outside of my kids/DILs/grands over the house since March 6, 2020, and even those visits were cut maybe in half due to freak-outs and the like (fwiw, across the entire extended family, so far only my youngest grandson - the one in day care - ever tested positive, and he flew right through it like it was barely even a cold).

That said, I took it upon myself to make up for the slow down as much as possible and still managed to knock out 140 gallons in 2020 :rock:

Cheers! (It's a tough job but someone had to do it :D)

I don’t know how I missed this build but it is absolutely amazing, you are quite the maker between the woodwork and electrical you are very talented.

Awesome build. Good photos, and I had a good chuckle at seeing a dsub bulkhead connection on a keezer :D
Mad jealous of your shop... one day...

Of course! :drunk:
The inner engineer is ever dominating, hard to start a project now without approaching it like a "project"

dsub is a good choice. good height for a thin bulkhead like a lid, easy to crimp, easy to retrofit later. They make mixed contact variants in the same footprint, if one ever needed power contacts for higher current.

Digital Equipment Corp and did memory system designs and processor architecture stuff during the Alpha chip era in the 80s,

Just now seeing this... My Dad worked at DEC, then Compaq and HP... You know the story... I do remember the Alpha too as the only inbox HAL for NT4! :p

Back