My jqgm question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindiB

Reaction score
Ok just a question I'm about to stabilize and back sweeten this 3 gallon bach since its at 1 bubble per 30 seconds I was wondering if I could make a simple syrup 3/4 cup sugar to 1 cup water use the calulated ounces per recipe instead of honey ? Anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Well, if the yeast is not filtered out, it will continue to ferment.

So...filter, or choose a non-fermenting sweetener.
I've used the Stevia stuff to back-sweeten some apfelwein - that worked well.

It didn't give that aweful bark like stevia taste ? I am going to stablize it sulfate and sorbate

Suppose I need a filter too any suggestions? And thank you for the input

Well, I wasn't a fan of the apfelwein anyway, I made a batch, drank it, and haven't made any others. I've never made mead, nor have I ever filtered my beers, so I won't be a good source of information on that front. There is a mead forum here where you might find more answers...

This section "general chit chat" is less about the hobby and more about tv shows, motorcycles, anything to link common thoughts/other hobbies.

Many many forums here, so you WILL find your answer...eventually.

Welcome, best of luck with your meads !

Thanks I've posted in the mead forum no answers yet but my mead is clearing so all good . I like cider had some pear cider at BJs but it was lacking alcohol. My past hobbys were building muscle cars and drag racing them so this for me is a test lol

This forum pisses me off cant get to my messGes! ... yes : drunk::::

Back