My first recipe attempt...Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sKafifer

Reaction score
So I got Beer Tools 2.0 and here's my first attempt at making a recipe...

Looking to make a tasty Pale Ale...

Please let me know what you think...

Cheers
Dan

5.0 gallons post boil
1.059 OG
1.015 FG
US-05 1 packet rehydrated
10.0 SRM
43.2 IBUs
5.79abv

10# Pale Malt
1# Munich 10L
0.25# Crystal 20L

2.0oz Cascade (60min)
0.5oz Cascade (5min)
1.0oz Cascade (0min - 20min whirlpool)

1.0oz Williamette dry hop in Secondary 5 days

Looks good. I actually don't know much about Willamettes for dry hopping. Cascades would work there and Ws for part of the flavor, if you wanted to swap. But what you have may work fine.

Good call...I was just going with what I had on hand...took advantage of the hop on pop sale at hopsdirect where they had buy one get one free on select hops...bought 4#, got 8#! woo-hoo!

it might be nice to add a bit different flavor with the Williamette instead of straight cascade before dry hopping...

Thanks!

Looks good. I actually don't know much about Willamettes for dry hopping. Cascades would work there and Ws for part of the flavor, if you wanted to swap. But what you have may work fine.

I love Cascade for dry hopping. I'd bitter with the cascade and finish with the Williamette for flavor and aroma. Cascade for dry hopping. That's a very simple recipe but I guarantee it will turn out great. Simple is usually better... let the malt and hops shine.

I think you might like going
60min 1oz cascade
20min 1oz cascade
0 min 1.5oz willamette
DH 1-2oz cascade

Back