My first cider/cyser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstone803

Reaction score
So I started brewing about 2 years ago and the first thing I made was cider. I used 5 gallons of fresh pressed cider from Baughers in MD, added a pound of honey, 2 pounds of corn sugar and used white labs english cider yeast. Well I bottled it after 3 months and it was HOTTT. Like apple gasoline. So I let it sit and would take a bottle out every now and then but it was still very harsh. So in my parents basement it sat. I was over there for dinner the other night and decided to take a bottle out and lo and behold after 2 and a half years it was delicious!! Only like 5 bottles left but they should be the most enjoyable of the batch. Just goes to show that age can even fix a terrible rookies mess. Here's a pic just to show how it looked.

cider.jpg

That's great, but I don't have enough patients. Maybe after a few batches I will.

Does anyone know how long until my cider will be drinkable? It's at 5% a month and a week in. Still tastes pretty hot

Latest posts

Back