My first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maegnar

Reaction score
Hello there, fellow brewmasters and brewnoobs :)
I've finally realized my dream and bought my brewing equipment with my first extract kit.
After carefully choosing all that was available from our local store here in Lithuania - I've chosen Brewferm's Christmas beer kit (This kit is special in terms that it doesn't require any sugar addition to the brew) in hopes that it will be ready for Holidays. But after reading a bit more on the forums - I realize that it will probably not :) No biggie - i don't really need a special occasion to drink it :drunk:
Now the brew's been in a fermenter for 8 full days and it's finished bubbling ~4 days ago. I'm planning to bottle it today, leave it for another week in warm temps and then move for another 6-8 weeks to the cellar.
Now I don't think I've made any mistakes during the mixing process and I hope I sanitized everything properly (thou I suppose one can never be too sure of it).
I'd like to show you a photo of what's under the lid to make sure it looks good to those that have seen more than one brew in their lives :) It smells nicely, my wife said it has banana scents in it. The only thing that I'm not really sure about is a micro-thin "skin" on the beer's surface. I think that's what yeast done, but I'd like to make sure.
So here goes...
http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/m/a/maegnar/under_the_lid.JPG

I know the RDWHAHB, but I still don't have a HB, hence cannot follow the rule :)

Back