My First All Grain - LOVE IT!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macdonald87

Reaction score
Morning guys just wanted to pop in and post a few pictures!! I have about 6 extract kits under my belt and slowly beeing adding equipment. SWMBO also let me get more and more equipment to which is always a bonus:rockin:!! So I did a Hefe

5# 2 Row
4# Wheat Malt

.75oz ot Tettnager

WLP 380 Hefe Ale Yeast (Got for free from a friend)

Target Gravity was 1.049, I hit 1.047. It was great fun All grain is 100% the way to go I had a great day brewing !!!! Only mess I really made was from my Hot Break youll see in the picture a little boil over!!!

Cheers Guys
AED046FF-D4F7-448B-AE65-CD5C1FFAE977_zpsxyzf7umn.jpg
Definetly will be switching to a pail for the grains!

E915E7BD-2515-4577-943A-3CECED0EAFB4_zps5udmkdco.jpg

8E963CF3-7A2E-4E1F-8366-9D5C5EB47BDD_zpsq44izmnw.jpg
Some Boil Over

896C2EF0-8CCA-47F3-A408-9A7221B025DF_zps7cnpoqwr.jpg
Nice Colour !!

I'm in the same boots. Been doing extract for the last two years and working towards all grain.
As your first all grain doing a hefe for the wife is a brilliant move. Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Looks good man! Going for an easy beer for your first ag is the way to go. Looks like it'll come out good too!

Out of curiosity, does your apt/condo complex let you use propane gas on the balcony? All the apts I've lived in would have fined me if I brewed out on my balcony. That is if they caught me... ;)

Yeah, I live in Edmonton AB. I am pretty sure I can. Throughout the city and my apartment building tons of BBQS on balconies. If I werent it is a Good thing is I live on the backside of the building im not on a street. And my building Manager walked by yesterday and didnt say anything so I guess I am in the clear!

Just Googled the Bylaw it states only the Use of Solid Fules are prohibited on Balcaonies within the City

Back