My Danby 7' cubic Tower Keezer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volks_r_us

Reaction score
Hi I am new brewer ~ 7 5 gallons batch under my belt. I needed I keezer badly so here is my built inspired from all the builds I saw on the forum.

Bought a used Danby 7' cubic for a $100 and giving a new vocation a new look.
I live downtown Montreal in a apartment and don't have much place to work. My balcony as been my shop for the last 2 weeks. I am very limited tools (Circular saw and a mitre saw on craiglist $50) wise but I think turning out great. I don't have much wood working skills, as a matter of fact it's my first attempt woodworking. So I am going with the flow and what I can find at home depot. :mug:

I plan to add a stripe of ceramic on the top. I am still not sure if I will center it in the middle or have offset.

Still using the picnic Tap for now. I will install the tower after I am done with the ceramic. I have already made my custom tap , one for the wife and one for me :D

I try to finish within the next week or soo. Stay tune for the update.
Cheers !
-=Alex=-

F****** bada**. No woodworking skills? Maybe. Natural craftsman? CHEA!!

Another week end pass by, Got more work done...
I think I got to the point I don't have to play with wood anymore. Only thing left to do is the installation of the tower.
I am thinking drilling a 2 1/2" hole and insert a 2" PVC pipe with some insulator inside and run my hose tru some 1/2" Copper pipe inside the PVC tube. The Tower should drop just fine over the PVC pipe. Well it's the plan, I just need the parts and tools to make it happen now.
I think I will put the tower on one side, Doing so If I ever want to upgrade with another tower Ill be able to do it and, it will still look good.

So here is how it sit now. I am very satisfied of what I Accomplished without any woodworking experience and really basic tools. For a first I think it's pretty awesome. Kinda crazy what beer can make you do :D

I used some danish Danish oil for finish. I love the Matte finish.

Fist time doing ceramic. It's pretty straight forward , I just read the instruction on the pot glue and grout

Plants are happy for now. I am not when I need a beer ;-)
I was looking at it and if you don't know what a Keezer is the way it look now. It's very hard to figure out what it is

Thanks
It's made of the cheapest pine I could find and the Stain is Watco Danish oil Black Walnut.

Back