My current ferment schedule ?'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale1038

Reaction score
I have been moving my beers upstairs right after the krausen drops on the last few batches with varying results. First with a Hef, that tasted good for a while, but has since become just ok. Next with a porter that really hit a sweet spot and was very good for a couple of weeks, but has tailed off as well. Recently with an ESB that has just been bottled, and a Cali Common with krausen that has just fallen, but hasn't been moved yet. I did a Vienna lager this way too and it's really lacking in flavor.

I guess I'm thinking that the dryness I'm getting is making these beers very drinkable for a while, but may not be leaving some desired yeast characteristics. I know people leave beers for 3 weeks in primary, but I don't see much point when fermentation is complete. I've left a lot of beers for 3 weeks and haven't really had great beers that way either. I guess I just needed to rant about my current predicament and get any advice you all could give. Thanks.

Back